The Mariemont City School District is located about 10 miles east of Cincinnati, Ohio and includes the villages of Fairfax, Terrace Park, Mariemont, and the unincorporated areas of Plainville and Williams Meadows. The district traces its founding to April 14, 1879.
Please visit The Mariemont School District website for detailed information about Mariemont’s award-winning Blue Ribbon Schools.
Quick Facts About the District
The Mariemont City School District consists of four schools. Total enrollment is 1,680 students. At the time of the latest annual report, the district employed 210 employees including certified and classified staff. There are two elementary principals, one junior high principal and one assistant principal and principal at the high school. General administration consists of the superintendent and treasurer.
Tradition of Academic Excellence
- Mariemont High School was the first and only high school in Ohio to receive the U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon Award four times- ’05, ’02, ’89, ’85. The award is based on a comprehensive educational program including both academic and extracurricular offerings.
- In the National Merit Competition, Mariemont High School has produced Commended Students, Semi-Finalists and Finalists every year since 1959.
- Since its inception, the State Report Card, issued by the Ohio Department of Education has awarded the Mariemont City School District the distinctive honor of receiving the rating of Excellent or higher. The District received the state's highest ranking "Excellent with Distinction" in 2009-2010 placing it 8th highest among over 600 school districts in Ohio!
- In the last eight years, each graduating class has earned over $1,000,000 in college scholarships.
- Mariemont School District is one of only three Ohio schools to have a direct link to the National Library of Congress through our Veterans History Project. This joint effort of students and staff video records interviews with local World War II, Korean and Vietnam veterans.
- In ’07-‘08 Mariemont High School offered thirteen Advanced Placement courses. 88% of students who took Advanced Placement tests passed and are eligible for college credit.
- In ’07-’08, a record-breaking forty-four students received the designation of AP Scholar through their outstanding achievement on AP exams.
- The ‘07-‘08 MHS Junior Engineer Technical Society varsity team placed first in its division regionally and in state and third in the nation. JETS competition promotes an interest in engineering, science, mathematics, and technology.
- Twenty percent of the high school’s graduating classes earn the “cum laude” distinction, an honor determined by the academic grade average and college entrance exam test scores.
- The Class of 2008 achieved the highest composite SAT and ACT scores in over a decade.
- In ’07-’08 forty-two students are inducted as new members of the Mariemont High School chapter of the National Honor Society.